Tuesday, January 1, 2013

First small project of the new year

Nothing is better than a hubbs that sees those girly "I-want-a-serger" posts on Facebook and delivers one for Christmas. Being intimidated by the complexity of my new homemaking treasure, I haven't even really touched it since getting it out of the box. Tonight I decided it was time to thread it and make a pillow to practice. After twenty minutes of threading (I did it!) it took a whole three to sew the pillow. I must say I drooled over the clean seams:) I'm in the slow process of decorating our master bedroom. Still in search for an affordable head board and bed linens, I thought this could be my inspiration piece.



I can't tell you how excited I am to do some more house projects with this baby. I have a whole list I want to get done before the summer! Here's to a year of getting more fit and enjoying the sweet hum of a new over-lock machine.

No comments: