Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mom

I'm no writer. I often find it hard to put my deep emotion into script but today I feel the need to simply say thank you to my mom.

I can admit I was ungrateful. As a teenager and even my early years after leaving home I didn't understand the commitment and love my mom had given me my entire life. It was when I heard the beating of my own son's heart through that amazing machine that I felt the connection. It wasn't just a connection to my baby boy but the connection of generations past. I was part of the chain.

I love you, Mom. You are my hero, and I'm so glad you put up with talking to me on the phone 5+ times a day since we hardly see each other any more. Thanks for coming to all my soccer games, softball games, volleyball games, orchestra recitals, young women's activities (probably not by choice;) and every other tiny insignificant events that I had going on. I'm sorry I didn't realize until I was far to far away how much you mean to me. I'm glad we have the rest of our lives to be best friends.

=



And I'm so glad that we have an eternal family:)

love, 

1 comment:

Heather Jones said...

Such a beautiful tribute. I love all the pictures. The one of your mom with her two daughters is so sweet! Love you all!