Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Weekend


We sure love Easter. It is so nice to sit back and remember our Savior in a time of renewal and warmth (this year at least). We enjoyed spending Saturday running errands and playing. We'd been contemplating a bunny for a long time and there were so many all over the place, we took the plunge. We truly are turning into a farm. "Her" name is Hop-Hop. Canyon wouldn't even consider anything else, kind of like he tells people his name is Speedy now. Oh my little 4 year old. 

Hop-Hop is relatively easy to care for. Zach built her a little hutch that has a wire bottom that sits on top of the chicken coop and all the droppings fall right in there. Less clean up for the pregnant lady. She loves eating all our vegetable scraps. I eat a whole thing of celery every few days and she's been loving the celery tops. 





On Sunday, we spent the evening with Zach's family. Canyon was excited that his cousins from Vernal came out to play. They loved the trampoline, the food and of course the egg hunt. 




I can't get over his smile in the above picture. What is it about seeing our kids happy? Makes my world oh so beautiful. 

All the fun aside, I was glad I had the opportunity to talk to Canyon about the Savior. In my efforts to stay active this pregnancy, we went for a long bike ride. As Canyon enjoyed the view from the bike trailer, we reflected on the meaning of Easter and what Christ did for us. It really was a precious moment as a mother. I'm so grateful for the sacrifice and I hope I can live my life in such a way as to deserve it. 

No comments: