Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A little Mickey Mouse in the Hawkins House




Last year's party was quite the scene We invited pretty much everyone we knew and most of them showed up. It was stressful and fun all rolled into one. This year, C now at a more difficult age, I decided to only invite a few families who also had chillins in the two age group. I kept it small and wanted to focus on C.

My wish was granted on the small part. Nearly half the families I invited had sick kids come Saturday (get well soon!!!) so we were blessed with only two close friends over. With 3 2 year-olds in the house, it felt like plenty.

Weeks in advance, I made felt Mickey ears for all the kids that were coming, it was a lot of work but it'll be fun to have the leftovers when we go to Disneyland again.

After eating sandwiches, the kids played pin the ears on Mickey. It was a hoot. Edison went first and stuck the ears all the way to the right of Mickey's head. We all laughed and so the rest of the kids decided that's where they should go, where it made everyone laugh. We had them try it over and over and couldn't get enough of their silliness.
Thanks for all the sweet gifts from friends and family, C is a lucky little boy. The pic below is Canyon's new trike. Edison wasn't to happy that C wouldn't share so just before this he took a swing at C (yes I got a picture of that too:) Angela and I love this pic because Canyon looks so disgusted and Edison looks....well....satisfied. Needless to say they both had a good talking to about sharing....and hitting.

The party was so fun and as C gets a little older we'll start having more friends over:) Maybe my capacity to handle large numbers of young children will increase and we can throw a big one next year. Thanks for all the well wishes from family and friends, we are so lucky to have you all!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

He is so cute Bailee! I can't believe you have a 2 year old already! I just did a minnie mouse party for Brooke for her 2nd bday too! I need to post the pics on my blog...