Thursday, November 5, 2009

27 Weeks and 2 days!

So I had my monthly check up today and we're up to speed on what to expect this next month..aka lots of aches and pains the rest of the way and then out pops a gorgeous bouncing baby boy! :) There was a little downside to my visit. They did my glucose screening test and the cutoff is 130 and I was at a 133... No assumptions yet...just a little red flag. I have to go in on Saturday morning and do a three hour screening versus the one hour one I did today. Hopefully things will go better with that screening and we won't be dealing with gestational diabetes. If anyone out there has dealt with gestational diabetes any advice/comfort would be much appreciated! Other than that little downer Canyon is doing great! He kicked the fetal doppler quite a few times making it hard for the OB to find a heart beat. Fortunately she found it and it's at 140 beats per minute! I'm measuring at 26.5 inches and everything looks great. Here we come third trimester!

3 comments:

mrs_stailey said...

That is one fast heartbeat!! I am glad to hear that he is doing well and that his mama is doing good too. You are not even at school and you have to take a three hour test? Good luck!

Danica said...

Your getting close! Hope all turns out well for your test.

Maestra Smart said...

Make sure you have something to do for the 3 hours in between each blood draw. I did it and failed! If that happens to you then let me know and I will give you more info. The solution can be as simple as watching what you eat! awesome_amy_skinner@hotmail.com No worries!!!!!