Monday, August 6, 2012

Not one to mind...


 I think I can safely say I'm laid back when it comes to doing without. I guess that only applies in certain situations...When we moved into our little house [that I'm still so in love with, I don't think I will fall out of love with this house] we found that our dishes came out dirtier than they went in. I didn't mind. We couldn't afford a new one and let's be honest, a dishwasher is a want, not a need.

I've been happily washing the dishes by hand since then. We've been watching the KSL classifieds to see if someone happened to want to sell a lightly used one cheap. No luck until today. Zach found one that was less than a year old, nice brand and listed for $250. He low balled the lady at $150 and she sold it to us for $175. On our way home I was looking it up online. New this dishwasher goes for $600 bucks. I'm sorry but we scored:)

Zach is putting the finishing touches to the installation right now and in a few minutes I'm going to run my first dishwasher cycle in a while...I'm a little giddy.

Not to complain but in the time it takes to hand wash the dishes everyday (sometimes twice a day) I could be playing a game of hide and seek with my son, making beds, doing laundry or mopping my floors...I'm pretty excited to have that little extra time on my hands.

I know this is an absolutely pathetic post...but I just can't get over the fact that we scored and things are going to get a tad easier.

No comments: