Sunday, August 5, 2012

Envelope pillows

I went to lunch with my super cute friend on Friday. She just moved here from Washington and let me tell you, she has the cutest apartment. She is always creating the CUTEST things. She's pretty artsy:) (you can see her blog here). After chatting I was inspired. Saturday was a slow but productive day at our house. I pulled out a leftover piece of creme fabric and threw together a quick pillow cover for a pillow in our front room.

Before:
The couch has 5 pillows that it came with. I'm not a fan of the print...


After. I painted an H on it and I love it. I decided to buy more fabric to cover the rest of the pillows. I think it needs more still but I think they definitely brighten up the room. Not perfect by any means but I think it's a good change:)



I'm going to paint another of the pillows with something big like a chandelier silhouette. We'll see. I can't decide what to paint. What do you think? Too bland? 

1 comment:

mrs_stailey said...

First of all, I can't believe that you still have that couch! I never liked the print on them either. Great job! It looks so much better!