Sunday, March 23, 2014

Oh these ovaries

The best part about PCOS is that once you start stimulating the ovaries, they turn into type A overachievers. 

Mine are no exception. 

We are doing the retrieval a day earlier than planned and to be honest, I'm surprised they waited this long. The follicles were past the necessary size yesterday morning. 

So tonight, 10 o'clock, I'll do the HCG trigger shot. Thirty six hours later I'll be under anesthesia and they'll be getting all those little eggs out. 

It's all a little fast. I have so many a emotions fighting for space in my mind right now. Excitement is still trumping them all with the most space but fear and anxiety can't help but seep in. It's sick how badly I want this to work. I've been trying to prepare myself for a negative result, just prepare so I don't completely shut down. It aches just thinking about it. But with all that I still feel peace and hope. We are so lucky to be where we are right now and I wouldn't have it any other way, even if the little one doesn't stick. 

So folks, we are getting a little closer. I sure hope we will have some good news in the coming days and weeks. 

Love you all!

4 comments:

Danica said...

Oh, I hope it sticks too! You'll be in our thoughts and prayers!

Bryce & Cherise said...

Oh I just love you so much!! I'm going to be praying so hard!

Kevin and Jess said...

Prayers for ya'll!

The Hones said...

It just has to work! I am praying for you guys. Let me know if you need help tending on that day.