Friday, June 25, 2010

Hmmm



Bear with me, this is going to be a smörgåsbord post.

Last week, Zach and I stopped to get him some In and Out. I wasn't really in the mood for a hamburger or fries...but I really wanted a shake. The line in the drive-thru was ridiculously long so they had someone out taking orders. She stopped at our window and Zach ordered I then proceeded to ask if they had malts as well as shakes. Her reply went a little like this "You know people keep asking me if that stuff is in our shakes but I have no idea what it even is...they taste like ice cream though." Oh!!! That's what milk shakes taste like...I was having a hard time describing it...


On a not so fun note, Flagstaff, in all it's glory, is on fire...literally.

I was informed yesterday that one of the many fires is heading through one of my favorite spots, Locket Meadows. It's sad to think that it'll be a hundred years before that spot looks as beautiful as it does in my memories. I guess I'll make sure to write the location in a journal so my grandkids can go enjoy it. This is one of those years everyone is wishing for the monsoon season to arrive a little prematurely to help out the hundreds of firefighters. I'm praying for this little town..it has a little piece of my heart.

1 comment:

Danica said...

The fires are so sad!