Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Who needs gas when you have sisters?



My oh so adorable sister in law, Skyler, was awesome enough to come out and stay with us for a few days (nearly a week with the us....poor soul). We were also a little bit in the middle of finals week but I so wanted to do some fun things too. Monday night we decided to go out and try a restaurant I'd been eying for a while. It was SOOOO good. Pho Noodle House in Orem is the bees knees! The owners were so friendly and fun and Canyon absolutely loved the food (Skyler and I enjoyed ever last bit as well).

I normally don't take pictures of my meals but it was so new to me that I couldn't resist. Oh and the little boy with the chopsticks...yes I gave birth to him so the camera is nearly ALWAYS pointed in that direction...
After noodles we decided we'd like a little Farr's. Now one may be overwhelmed when entering Utah county and trying to decided which of the many frozen yogurt places to try but let me make it a tad easier....Farr's Fresh is by farr (pahahaha no pun intended but delightfully said) the best we've found. It caters to the wants of any man, child or beast with options out the wazoo.

We enjoyed our smorgasbord of flavors with fruit toppings and passion fruit beads that burst in your mouth, and returned to the car where we were not so surprised that it did not start. My gas light stopped working a few months ago and I was definitely pushing it Monday night. We must have been sitting on just the right angle as to deprive the engine of what was left of the fumes in my tank. We pulled out the stroller and hiked to the nearest Maverick to get a gallon or so for a thirsty Honda. We laughed the whole way and enjoyed the bonding time. I'm sure Skyler was a tad embarrassed for her irresponsible sister in law who should have handle on this thing called life....but who does?

Skyler's leaving tomorrow and all that fun girlie stuff will halt till she comes again! Hopefully soon!


No comments: