Tuesday, July 26, 2011

18 months


He's 18 months old, a year and a half. It just sounds so big. It is so big. He walks and talks and surprises me every day. Where does the time go? If it keeps moving this fast, we'll have a missionary on our hands before I can catch my breath:)

The last 18 months have been awesome. I wouldn't change them for anything. Canyon is doing and saying so much it's unbelievable. Here's a little of what goes down in the Hawkins house these days...

-Words: Ball, Bruce, Mom, dad, Thank you ("dank du"), Kitty, Let's go, Get out, get off, stuck, eeewww, ouch, hot, water (this one is practically undistinguishable), Go, stop, Meow, Grrrr, and many other's I can't think of right now:)
-He loves to walk/run, especially outside. If we're inside getting things done we'll often find C sitting/standing by the door trying to reach the handle saying "OUT!" When we're getting in the car to go somewhere he runs down the sidewalk. He wants so bad to just go and not be strapped in. poor guy!
-Bruce is now a sibling to C. Sometimes C just loves him, giggling and playing with him non stop. Other times Bruce looking at C sets him off. He does know how to tell Bruce "Go Away!" I'm guessing they'll be the best of buds.
-He has now reached a new level of cuddles. Every morning he wants to cuddle with me. Nothing can happen between him waking up and our morning cuddle. I have even started to get up extra early on the mornings we have to be somewhere so I can be all ready when he wakes up, you know, so I don't interrupt our cuddle time. I'm not complaining one bit about this stage. I love it.
-Canyon loves the pool. Even more than the pool, a pool with daddy and a ball. The ball is a whole separate love in and of itself.

There are so many other fun things he's doing now! I sure love this age!


No comments: