Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Our Summer Vacation


With Zach working 2 jobs and going to school full time this summer, we haven't had a whole lot of "vacation" time. Our good friends invited us to a family cabin about an hour away and we couldn't say no! It was the perfect weekend getaway and the Davies family was so awesome! We really enjoyed spending time away from cell phone reception and the internet.

We arrived at the cabin around 6pm on Friday, ate some yummy tin foil dinners and stayed up late playing games and eating [too much] sugar. Saturday we went boating out on the near by lake. I love to wake board but my arm strength must be failing me because I couldn't get up! (embarrassing I know) Zach got up long enough to ride some choppy water. Kenz and I enjoyed a little tubing. Even Adi tried the tube, although I don't know if she enjoyed it all that much.
And then there was Canyon, the lone sleeper on the boat. He liked a little shade and a soft towel.
A big thanks to the Davies family for letting us come. We love living near you guys and have such a good time with you! Thanks for an awesome [and affordable] summer vacation.

1 comment:

Dottie Stay said...

How fun Bailee! Canyon is so cute! he is such a big boy! I hardly recognize him! He makes me laugh. Lagoon looked like a party. I don't know why, but I just love that place! SO many memories! We are going to take the boys tomorrow. Our last hooray before school starts! :)